65K Push-Ups in 2022 Challenge
Who will join me in doing 65,000 push-ups in 2022? That is 250 a day, five days a week. Or roughly 200 a day, six days a week. I am starting January 1. It will be a fun challenge. Email me at email@example.com if you are on board!⠀
(If you complete it with me, you'll earn some special Men in the Arena swag. You'll get more details once you're in.)
- Jim Ramos
Here's a printable PDF calendar to help you track your reps!
If you’re in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you the welcome email and check-in emails.
Here's How it Works:
- Record your reps on the calendar.
- Each month, we'll send you an email asking for your check-in. Reply to that email with a pic of that month's calendar. •
- If you hit the 65,000 push-up goal before midnight December 31, 2022, you’ve officially slayed this challenge.
- At the end of the year, you'll send photos of your completed calendar. We'll send you a certificate of completion and some commemorative merch (still figuring that part out, but we've got some cool ideas).
Q: What does it cost?
A: Nothing! We’re a donor-supported, crowd-funded ministry.
Q: Do they have to be strict push-ups?
A: Nope! Strict, knee, wall, box, incline - I don't care as long as you do it. The guy who inspired this challenge started out unable to do a single push-up. By the end he was knocking out 200/day. Challenge yourself and improve.
Q: Do I need to videotape myself to prove I did them?
A: Nah, honor system. You'll send photos of your calendar for accountability more than anything. If you give your word of honor that you did them, I'll believe you.
Q: I did 64,999 push-ups because [insert excuse here]. Can I still get my certificate, merch, etc.?
A: No participation trophies.
Q: What inspired this challenge? Where did 65,000 come from?
A: This challenge was inspired by my buddy Rod Handley from Character that Counts. He was recovering from a rare form of cancer and decided to do 200 push-ups/day, 6 days/week and came up with the 65k goal. At first he couldn't do a single push-up, but by the end of the year he was cranking out 200/day. If he can do it, so can you! I interviewed Rod about his experience with this challenge on the Men in the Arena podcast (ep 505). It’s really motivating and answers some FAQs, so make sure to listen to that episode.
Q: How many emails will I get?
A: For the challenge, you'll get one per month for your check-in. Maybe also an occasional one if I have more resources or inspiration for you, but it won’t be frequent. You'll also automatically receive our Weekly Equipping Blast each Friday. It's designed to equip you to be a better man, so I'd encourage you to check it out, but if you don't want it you can manage your email preferences to only receive emails about the 65k Push-Up Challenge. We won't share your email with anyone.
Q: Are the Facebook group and the challenge open to women?
A: Yes! While our ministry speaks directly to men, this challenge is open to everyone. Feel free to bring the whole family along.
- When you post videos or pics to social media about your progress, use hashtag #65kpushupchallenge and tag us @themeninthearena so we can reshare and hype you up!
- If your friends want to start late, tell them to hit us up at email@example.com. The more the merrier.
- If you're not familiar with Men in the Arena, check out the Men in the Arena podcast to learn more.